Obesity is a condition in which excess fat accumulate in the body. It causes adverse effects on the body. Obesity is a serious health condition that shortens the life expectancy also. The most common method of determining obesity is the measurement of the body mass of a person. According to the health statics, BMI rating of 27.3 determines obesity in woman while in men it is 27.8. One can get aware of the problem by understanding obesity facts. These facts are useful in describing about the symptoms, preventions and cure of the problem.
Obesity has become one of the greatest health challenges in the 21st century. This problem is more common in developed and developing countries. Not only adults but children of small age are also affected from this.
What can cause obesity?
Obesity is all about over eating this condition occurs when you eat more calories than in use. There are some general things that can be done to avoid the condition before it knocks you and your family:
• Eat fix food means don’t do over eating. Eat as much is required to your body, according to your routine.
• The meal should be done with the family not in front of the TV.
• A plenty of water intake can be helpful in avoiding the condition.
• Never withhold food to punish your child.
• Limited intake of soda/ caffeine or fast food is extremely important.
Obesity occurs due to the fat accumulation in the body and this fat stored because of the excessive intake of the food which is not required in the body. Many degenerative diseases are directly or indirectly related to obesity.
Besides overeating some other factors are also responsible for causing obesity such as
• Some genetic factors, genes inherited from parents are responsible for the accumulation of fat in the body.
• Sedentary lifestyle and poor food habits are also responsible for this.
• Some psychological factors such as stress depression are also responsible for causing obesity.
• Lack of exercise can also cause fat accumulation that leads to obesity.
Obesity is treatable. If it is not treated on the right times then the chances of having heart disease, diabetes, osteoarthritis, certain types of cancer and many others may increase.
• Obesity can be treated by following a balanced routine.
• Low fat diet must be taken.
• Eat as much food is required to your body. Don’t let fat to accumulate in your body.
• Fiber rich diet must be taken instead of fat.
• Regular exercise is helpful in making body fit.
• Involvement in games and some outdoor activities like volleyball, basketball, cricket, jogging, aerobic etc. can be beneficial in getting rid of obesity.
Obesity is a leading cause of death in worldwide. By understanding obesity facts, it can be avoided. It’s important to get aware of the problem and to save yourself and your children from its future consequences.
For more information related to this please visit : understanding obesity facts and medical animation